Keto baked beef burgers in spinach, cauliflower & cheese
I love spinach and burger patties combination but let’s be real, cheese makes everything better!
• 4 burger patties • 250 g spinach
• 250 g cauliflower
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp butter
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed • 2 tbsp sour cream
• 100 g grated cheddar cheese
• 4 slices of fresh mozzarella
• Seasoning: salt, pepper and garlic powder (depending on the taste)
• Cook the cauliflower in a pot of lightly salted water and just before it’s finished, add the spinach leaves and cook them until tender (about 2 more minutes). Drain well and set aside.
• In a sauce pan, sauté 1 small onion on 2 tbsp of olive oil for a few minutes (medium heat). Add crushed garlic cloves and fry for a minute more. Remove from the stove and stir in the drained cauliflower and spinach and 2 tbsp of sour cream. Blend everything together with an immersion blender and then season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add 50 g of grated cheddar in the puree, stir it and leave to rest. • In your cast iron skillet, grill the burgers with a tsp of butter for a few minutes on both sides. Once finished, pour the spinach puree over the burgers, top with 50 g grated cheddar cheese and then line the mozzarella slices over each burger patty.
• Bake in the preheated oven at 220°C for about 5 - 10 minutes, until the cheese melts
• Once finished, remove from the oven and leave to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.