Simple to make mussels baked with cheese.
• 50 ml of olive oil
• 1 kg fresh mussels
• handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 6 tbsp Mayonnaise
• 150 g cheese (mozzarella, cheddar,...)
• 2 tbsp Parmesan, freshly grated
• Preheat the oven to 200°C
• Clean and scrub the mussels under the running water
• In a large pot, add about 50 ml of water and the cleaned mussels. Cook on the stove with a lid on, on high until the water boils. Lower the temperature to medium and cook for about 3 minutes. Check the pot to see if there are any unopened mussels, shake the pot, and using a spatula push the unopened ones to the bottom of the pot (closer to the heat). Put the lid back on and cook for about 2-3 more minutes, until all the mussels open.
If there are any unopened mussels left, throw them away
• Drain the mussels and align the shells with mussels on a baking tray
• In a small bowl, combine together 50 ml of olive oil with chopped parsley and garlic
• Stuff each mussel shell with a tsp of mayonnaise, sprinkle with cheese and grated parmesan, and then top with olive oil, garlic, and parsley mix
• Bake for about 5-10 minutes, until the cheese, gets a nice golden color
Per serving: 1
Calories: 627 I Net Carbs: 6 g I Total Carbs: 6 g I Fat: 55 g I Protein: 27 g
Made this recipe? We would love to see it!