Chicken, tomatoes and cheese skillet
This dish is really easy to make and it’s full of flavor. No side dish is needed, just some fresh lettuce.
• 500 g chicken breasts, boneless
• 4 medium size tomatoes, cut into thin slices
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped or crushed
• 5 parsley stalks
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp butter
• 150 g cheddar cheese, slices or grated
• Seasoning: salt, basil
Optional: 2 small cubes of feta cheese, crumbled
• Preheat the oven to 220°C
• Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices and just lightly salt them (the cheese will add extra saltiness)
• In your cast iron skillet or grilling pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and grill the chicken breasts on both sides until cooked. Set the chicken aside on a plate
• In the same pan, grill the sliced tomatoes just for a minute per side and then set them aside on a plate • Remove the skillet from the stove and add 1 tsp of butter.
• Align the grilled chicken at the bottom of the skillet, cover it with 150g cheddar cheese and then top it with the grilled tomatoes.
• In a small bowl, combine together 1 tbsp olive oil, parsley and garlic and top each tomato slice with that mixture.
• Bake for about 5-10 minutes, until the cheese melts • Remove from the stove and sprinkle the tomatoes with crumbled feta cheese