Chocolate and strawberries cups
This is a super-easy way to make some cute low carb desserts.
These cups are filled with fresh strawberries and mascarpone & chocolate cream but you can serve almost any cream and /or fruits in them (Ice-cream, whipping cream,...).
You can also leave the top open and just decorate it, either way, it will be super cute.
Ingredients (4 big muffin cups):
• 100 g mascarpone
• 2 bigger strawberries, diced
• 100 g of dark chocolate (min 70%)
• 1 tsp butter
• Align 4 silicone or paper muffin cups in your muffin tin and put them in the freezer for about 5 minutes, just to get everything cold
• Melt 100 g of chocolate in the microwave, watch not to get it burned. Once the chocolate has melted, stir in 1 tsp butter until combined.
• Add about a tbsp chocolate to each muffin cup and using a spatula, spoon, or brush, apply the chocolate to the sides of your muffin cups. Leave the rest of the chocolate aside because we will use that to close the cups once filled. Return the cups to the freezer until you prepare the cream.
• In another bowl, melt 50 g chocolate for the filling, let it cool a bit, and then using a mixer combine the chocolate with 100 g mascarpone. Taste to see if you need to add any sweetener.
• Take the cups out of the freezer and distribute the strawberries and cream in each one evenly. Top with the rest of the melted chocolate and freeze for about 5 more minutes.
• Take the cups out of the freezer once the chocolate is firm and gently remove your muffin cups. Store them in the refrigerator and leave them at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
Yields: 4 cups
Per serving: 1
Calories: 264 I Net Carbs: 10 g I Total Carbs: 12 g I Fat: 22 g I Protein: 4 g
Made this recipe? We would love to see it!