Keto chicken paprikash
For this delicious dish, of Hungarian origin, I prefer chicken breast but you can also use the whole cut chicken (breasts, thighs, wings).
• 500 g boneless chicken breast, whole or diced
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 small onion, chopped • 2 garlic cloves
• 1 bell pepper, diced
• 1 hot chili pepper (optional)
• 1/2 celery stalk, chopped
• 50 ml wine (optional)
• 2 tbsp tomato puree
• 350 ml of water
• 1 tbsp mascarpone or cream
• Seasoning: salt, 2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp pepper, a pinch of bay leaf
• Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in your non-stick pot and brown the chicken on all sides. Set aside on a plate
• Add the chopped onions to the pot and saute for a few minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a minute more.
• Add the chopped celery, chili, and bell pepper and saute for a minute or two.
• Return the chicken to the pot and add 50 ml of wine, 2 tbsp of tomato puree, and water. Once it boils, add the seasoning, covers with a lid, and simmer on low for about 40 minutes, until the chicken is soft (depending on the size of the chicken).
• Once the chicken is cooked, add in 1 tbsp of mascarpone or cream and stir until combined.
• Serve with cauliflower mash, cooked veggies, or low carb pasta.
Per serving: 1
Calories: 243 I Net Carbs: 4 g I Total Carbs: 5 g I Fat: 12 g I Protein: 28 g