Keto crackers and spicy smoked sardines rillettes
This is a great appetizer or a light dinner and it can all be ready in a total of 30 minutes.
• 100 g almond flour
• 25 g flaxseed, milled
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp xanthan gum
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp lemon juice • 2 tbsp mascarpone
• 1 tbsp olive oil
Seasoning: a pinch of salt and optionally you can add oregano, rosemary, or any other herbs you like
• 1 can of sardines in olive oil
I used Shines Irish Premium Sardines in olive oil because they don’t have big bones (www.shinesseafood.ie)
• 2 tbsp cream cheese
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 2 tbsp chopped chives
• Seasoning to taste: salt, pepper, smoked paprika, chili powder, crushed chilies
• Prepare the crackers first by mixing all the dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in the other. Add the combined wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir until the dough forms. Leave to rest for about 10 minutes.
• Roll the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper and cut into desired shapes. Using a spatula, gently transfer the crackers to your baking tin covered with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven at 190°C.
• After the crackers are baked, leave them to cool off and harden for a few minutes.
• For the rillettes, add the sardines to a bowl and remove the middle bone if they have it. Crush the sardines into fine mince with a fork and then combine with 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 1 tsp lemon juice, chives, and season to your taste.
• Sprinkle with some fresh chives and crushed chilies
Yields: 4 equal portions
Per serving: 1
Calories: 363 I Net Carbs: 4 g I Total Carbs: 10 g I Fat: 30 g I Protein: 17 g
Made this recipe? We would love to see it!