Keto pork liver in tomato and onions
As the title says, I used pork liver in this recipe but you can use whichever you prefer (veal, lamb, chicken) to make this recipe. It’s easy and pretty quick to make.
I served it with konjac rice but it would go great with cauliflower rice or mash too.
• 600 g pork liver, diced (wash and remove all the membranes) • 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 medium size onion, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 100 ml white or red dry wine
• 150 ml tomato passata (puree)
• Seasoning: salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp crushed chili, 1,5 Tsp garlic, 1/4 tsp thyme, 1/4 tsp rosemary and 1/4 tsp bay leaf
• Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil on medium flame and then add the onions and sauté until translucent. Add the crushed garlic and fry for a minute more. Now add the diced liver and fry everything on medium for 3-4 minutes until the liver is browned on all sides.
• Pour 100 ml of wine over the liver and cook for about 10 minutes, until the wine evaporates and then add the tomato puree.
• Once the sauce starts to boil, add the seasoning, everything but the salt, cover with a lid and simmer on low for about 5 more minutes. • Add the salt (taste to see how much salt you prefer), stir everything until combined and remove from the stove.