Quick keto sardine cakes
Healthy and easy low carb dinner or an appetizer. All you need with this is your favorite dip.
• 1 egg
• 2 cans of sardines in olive oil, I used Shine's premium sardines (www.shinesseafood.ie)
• 300 g cauliflower rice, cooked and drained
• handful of fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 pink onion, finely diced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 120 g almond flour
• Seasoning: salt, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp hot chili powder, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic
• Coating: 50 g of almond flour stirred with 1 tsp hot chili powder
• Flake the sardines with a fork and remove the center bone if they have it.
• In a bowl, stir together the oil from the sardine cans with all the ingredients and form the cakes. You can use an ice cream scoop or a measuring cup to make sure you have them in the same size
• Dip/coat each cake in almond flour stirred with hot chili powder and align on a parchment paper in your baking tin
• Bake in the preheated oven at 190°C for about 15 minutes and then flip them and bake for an extra 5-10 minutes until they have a nice color
Yields: 10 fish cakes
Per serving: 1
Calories: 137 I Net Carbs: 3 g I Total Carbs: 5 g I Fat: 9 g I Protein: 10 g
Made this recipe? We would love to see it!