Spicy shredded chicken stew
This one pan dish is easy to make and perfect with keto rice, keto bread or in wraps/tortillas.
• 500 g boneless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1 medium size onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 medium size tomato
• 1 hot red pepper
• 250 ml tomato passata
• 400 ml water
• 1 tbsp mascarpone
• Seasoning: 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp parsley, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp bay leaf
• Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan and fry the chicken until browned on all sides. Set the chicken aside on a plate and then melt 2 tbsp of butter in the same the pan. Sauté the onions until translucent and then add the garlic and fry for a minute more.
• Add the chopped hot pepper, tomato, tomato passata and water and bring to boil.
• Once boiling, set the temperature on low, add the seasoning and chicken breast and cook with a lid on for about 1h 30 minutes.
• Set the cooked chicken on a plate and, using 2 forks, shred the meat. Return the shredded chicken to the pan, add 1 tbsp mascarpone and stir everything until combined.
• Taste to see if you need more seasoning